Operating the menus, Vtr set menu – Sony DSR-45/45P Manuel d'utilisation
Operating the Menus
Chapter 6 Adjusting and Setting Through Menus
Adjusting and Setting Through Menus
VTR SET menu
Switches the recording mode between DVCAM and DV (SP mode only). When you play
back a tape, the DVCAM/DV setting will be automatically switched; you do not need to use
DVCAM : Records in DVCAM format.
DV SP: Records in DV format (SP mode).
• The unit can record only in the DVCAM format or in the SP mode of the DV format.
• You cannot change the setting while recording.
• It is recommended that you record in the DVCAM format. There are some limitations with
respect to DV recording depending on machine specifications and the consumer DV
format as follows:
– The head system is optimized for DVCAM recording. A DV recording overwrites the last
track just before the beginning of the recording. As a result, at the border of these two
recorded portions, picture and sound may be distorted.
– The picture and sound will be recorded unsynchronized. (unlock mode)
– The time code is fixed to the drop frame mode. (only for DSR-45)
– The DV IN TC setting on the TC/UB SET menu becomes invalid. The unit records
internal time code.
• If you dub a consumer DV tape from the DV jack on this unit, keep the following in mind:
– Set REC MODE to DV SP. If REC MODE has been set to DVCAM, a tape with an
invalid format (recording speed: DVCAM, sound: unsynchronized, unlock mode) will be
made. (The unit cannot convert unlock mode sound to lock mode sound.)
– If you edit a tape with an invalid format in the DSR-70/70P, DSR-70A/70AP, DSR-80/
80P, DSR-85/85P, DSR-1800/1800P, DSR-2000/2000P, etc., there may be some
For details on DVCAM/DV format compatibility, see “Compatibility of DVCAM and DV
Format” on page 101 (GB).
(page 44 (GB))
Selects whether or not the unit automatically marks an index signal when the unit in the
stop mode starts recording.
ON : Marks an index signal at the beginning of the recording.
OFF: Does not mark an index signal at the beginning of the recording.
Switches the image displayed in the still mode.
AUTO : Displays an optimized image according to the movement in the image.
FIELD: Displays a field image.
FRAME: Displays a frame image.
If you select FIELD, the image of field 2 is displayed.
FF/REW SPD Selects the tape transport mode in fast-forward and rewind.
FF/REW : Fast-forwards or rewinds the tape at maximum speed without displaying the
SHUTTLEMAX: Fast-forwards or rewinds the tape at maximum speed (DVCAM: about 14
times normal speed for the DSR-45; about 17 times normal speed for the DSR-45P)
while displaying the picture. However, if you use a tape recorded in the SP mode of the
DV format, the maximum tape speed will be about 24 times normal speed, on both
If you intend to edit using an RS-422A connection, set this item to SHUTTLEMAX.