Rear panel, Location and function of parts – Sony DSR-45/45P Manuel d'utilisation
Location and Function of Parts
Chapter 1 Overview
AC IN connector
CONTROL S IN jack
(see page 24 (GB))
Video signal input/
(see page 22 (GB))
Audio signal input/
(see page 23 (GB))
COUNTER SELECT selector
Selects the time data to be indicated on the time
counter display. Selected time data is also displayed on
the LCD monitor or on the counter display of a
monitor connected to the MONITOR VIDEO jack.
COUNTER: Count value of the counter (seven
digits). The value is displayed on a ±12-hour
TC: Time code
U-BIT: User bits
• The count value of the counter of this unit is
determined by calculation based on the time code,
that is, simple approximation. Therefore, in cases
such as the following, the value may be inaccurate.
– There is a portion where the time code is not
continuous on the tape you are using.
– The time code in both the drop frame mode and the
non-drop frame mode are recorded on the tape you
are using (For DSR-45 only).
– There is a blank portion between recorded portions
on the tape you are using.
– A tape recorded using the PAL color system is
being used in the DSR-45.
– A tape recorded using the NTSC color system is
being used in the DSR-45P.
– You are using an external time code.
– TC RUN on the TC/UB SET menu is set to FREE
• If you intend to edit using an RS-422A connection,
set the editing mode of the controller to time code
(TC), and set the COUNTER SELECT selector of
this unit to TC.
RESET (counter reset) button
When the COUNTER SELECT selector 7 is set to
COUNTER, pressing this button resets the value
indicated on the time counter display to 0:00:00:00
• This button cannot reset the value of the time code or
• To reset the value of the time code or user bits, use
TC PRESET or UB PRESET on the TC/UB SET