Tweco 9-8224 Manuel d'utilisation
General information, Parts supplied, Installation
The Ohmic Clip is an available option for use only with a Ma-
chine 1Torch™ on automated systems. The system must have
a 'touch the plate' (workpiece) circuit control.
To use this clip the torch must have Shield Cup Body and
Shield Cap installed.
When the shield cap of the torch contacts the workpiece the
system senses the change through the Ohmic Clip. This causes
the torch to retract to the correct preset pierce height from the
The following parts are included in this kit:
• Ohmic Clip - 1 ea
• Instruction Sheet
1. Turn OFF the power supply.
2. Disconnect the main input power to the power supply.
3. Locate the two slots on each side of the torch head.
4. With the stem of the clip pointing down, slide the Ohmic
Clip onto the torch head. Make sure the tabs on the clip
are seated into the slots on each side of the torch head. The
bottom end of the clip should make contact with the shield
5. Connect the signal wire, touch the plate, from the customer's
controller to the tab on the top of the clip. The signal wire
can be soldered to the tab or connected with a connector.
6. Install the proper torch consumables for the Power Supply
amperage. The Ohmic Clip doesn't need to be removed to
7. Reconnect input power to the Power Supply and turn ON
8. Set proper gas pressure or flow.
9. Test torch for proper operation.
Catalog # 9-8224
Touch The Plate
Original Publication Date: 2005
Manual no.: 0-2926
Revision Date: 3/18/2014