Roland DIGITAL STUDIO WORKSTATION VS-2480 Manuel d'utilisation
User guide, Copyright, About the license agreement
To resize thickness, move all items on the front cover to left or right
Before using this unit, carefully read the sections entitled: “IMPORTANT
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS” (Owner’s Manual p. 2), “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
(Owner’s Manual p. 3, 4), and “IMPORTANT NOTES” (Owner’s Manual p. 5).
These sections provide important information concerning the proper operation of
the unit. Additionally, in order to feel assured that you have gained a good grasp of
every feature provided by your new unit, User Guide, Owner’s Manual, and
Appendices should be read in their entirety. The manual should be saved and kept
on hand as a convenient reference.
Copyright © 2002 ROLAND CORPORATION
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form
without the written permission of ROLAND CORPORATION.
Roland Web site http://www.roland.co.jp/
• Unauthorized recording, distribution, sale, lending, public performance, broadcasting, or the like, in whole or
in part, of a work (musical composition, video, broadcast, public performance, or the like) whose copyright is
held by a third party is prohibited by law.
• When exchanging audio signals through a digital connection with an external instrument, this unit can
perform recording without being subject to the restrictions of the Serial Copy Management System (SCMS).
This is because the unit is intended solely for musical production, and is designed not to be subject to restric-
tions as long as it is used to record works (such as your own compositions) that do not infringe on the
copyrights of others. (SCMS is a feature that prohibits second-generation and later copying through a digital
connection. It is built into MD recorders and other consumer digital-audio equipment as a copyright-
• Do not use this unit for purposes that could infringe on a copyright held by a third party. Roland assumes no
responsibility whatsoever with regard to any infringements of third-party copyrights arising through your
use of this unit.
About the License Agreement
• The VS-2480 and its CD-R capability are designed to allow you to reproduce material to which you have copyright, or
material which the copyright owner has granted you permission to copy. Accordingly, reproduction of Music CD or
other copyrighted material without permission of the copyright owner avoiding technical prohibiting features of
second-generation and later copying like SCMS or others constitutes copyright infringement and may incur penalties
even in case such reproduction is for your own personal use and enjoyment (private use). Consult a copyright specialist
or special publications for more detailed information on obtaining such permission from copyright holders.
• Iomega is a registered trademark of Iomega Corporation.
• ZIP is a trademark of Iomega Corporation.
• All product names mentioned in this document are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.