Important safeguards, Import ant safeguards – Panasonic NC-EH40P Manuel d'utilisation
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including
1. Read all instructions.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces, especially the steam vent. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against ﬁre, electric shock and personal injury, do not immerse cord, plugs, or
Thermo Pot in water or other liquid.
Do not splash water or other liquid over them.
• Do not pour water directly from the tap.
• Do not put the unit in a sink or allow it to get wet.
• Do not turn the unit upside down when the bottom is wet.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by
or near children.
• Do not allow children and persons unfamiliar with the appliance to use it.
Do not leave the unit within the reach of infants.
• You must pay special attention to prevent infants from putting
the body plug into their mouths.
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on
or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
• When unplugging, pull by the power plug - not the cord.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions,
or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service
center for examination, repair or adjustment.
• Never disassemble, repair, or modify the unit.
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a special cord available from the
manufacturer or its service agent.
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may
result in ﬁre, electric shock or personal injury.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
Do not place on unstable surfaces or surfaces that can be affected by heat, or near walls
11. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot liquids.
• When carrying the unit, do not touch the lid opening lever.
12. Always attach plug to appliance ﬁrst, then plug cord into the wall outlet.
• Make sure the power plug is correctly inserted in to the wall outlet when in use.
• Do not connect or disconnect the power plug or the body plug with wet hands.
13. Use a single outlet that matches the power rating of the unit.
14. Clean dust from the power plug or the body plug regularly.
• A build-up of dust on the plug will attract condensation, which could cause cable damage
resulting in ﬁre. Remove the plugs and clean them with a dry cloth.
Operating NC-EH40_EN.indd 4
11/7/07 3:56:24 PM