Precautions – Sony XE370 Manuel d'utilisation
• Caution — The use of optical instruments with this
product will increase eye hazard.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the
cabinet, unplug the player and have it checked by
qualified personnel before operating it any further.
• Discs with non-standard shapes (e.g., heart, square,
star) cannot be played on this unit. Attempting to do
so may damage the unit. Do not use such discs.
On power sources
• Before operating the player, check that the
operating voltage of the player is identical with
your local power supply. The operating voltage is
indicated on the nameplate at the rear of the player.
• The player is not disconnected from the AC power
source (mains) as long as it is connected to the wall
outlet, even if the player itself has been turned off.
• If you are not going to use the player for a long
time, be sure to disconnect the player from the wall
outlet. To disconnect the AC power cord (mains
lead), grasp the plug itself; never pull the cord.
• AC power cord must be changed only at the
qualified service shop.
• Place the player in a location with adequate
ventilation to prevent heat build-up in the player.
• Do not place the player on a soft surface such as a
rug that might block the ventilation holes on the
• Do not place the player in a location near heat
sources, or in a place subject to direct sunlight,
excessive dust or mechanical shock.
• If the player is brought directly from a cold to a
warm location, or is placed in a very damp room,
moisture may condense on the lenses inside the
player. Should this occur, the player may not
operate properly. In this case, remove the disc and
leave the player turned on for about an hour until
the moisture evaporates.
On adjusting volume
• Do not turn up the volume while listening to a
portion with very low level inputs or no audio
signals. If you do, the speakers may be damaged
when a peak level portion is played.
• Clean the cabinet, panel and controls with a soft
cloth slightly moistened with a mild detergent
solution. Do not use any type of abrasive pad,
scouring powder, or solvent such as alcohol or
If you have any questions or problems
concerning your player, please consult your
nearest Sony dealer.
Notes on CDs
On handling CDs
• To keep the disc clean, handle the disc by its edge.
Do not touch the surface.
• Do not stick paper or tape on the disc.
• Do not expose the disc to direct sunlight or heat
sources such as hot air ducts, nor leave it in a car
parked in direct sunlight as there can be
considerable rise in temperature inside the car.
• Do not use any commercially available stabilizer. If
you do, the disc and the player may be damaged.
• After playing, store the disc in its case.
• Before playing, clean the disc with a cleaning cloth.
Wipe the disc from the centre out.
• Do not use solvents such as benzine, thinner,
commercially available cleaners or anti-static spray
intended for vinyl LPs.
Notes on CD-R/CD-RW playback
• Discs recorded on CD-R/CD-RW drives may not be
played back because of scratches, dirt, recording
condition, or the drive’s characteristics. Besides, the
discs, which are not yet finalized at the end of
recording, cannot be played back.