Precautions, 4precautions – Sony CPD-110GS Manuel d'utilisation
Warning on power connections
• Use the supplied power cord. If you use a different power cord,
be sure that it is compatible with your local power supply.
For the customers in the U.S.A.
If you do not use the appropriate cord, this monitor will not
conform to mandatory FCC standards.
• Before disconnecting the power cord, wait at least 30 seconds
after turning off the power to allow the static electricity on the
screen’s surface to discharge.
• After the power is turned on, the screen is demagnetized
(degaussed) for about 5 seconds. This generates a strong
magnetic field around the screen which may affect data stored
on magnetic tapes and disks placed near the monitor. Be sure to
keep magnetic recording equipment, tapes, and disks away
from the monitor.
Do not install the monitor in the following places:
• on surfaces (rugs, blankets, etc.) or near materials (curtains,
draperies, etc.) that may block the ventilation holes
• near heat sources such as radiators or air ducts, or in a place
subject to direct sunlight
• in a place subject to severe temperature changes
• in a place subject to mechanical vibration or shock
• on an unstable surface
• near equipment which generates magnetism, such as a
transformer or high voltage power lines
• near or on an electrically charged metal surface
• Clean the screen with a soft cloth. If you use a glass cleaning
liquid, do not use any type of cleaner containing an anti-static
solution or similar additive as this may scratch the screen’s
• Do not rub, touch, or tap the surface of the screen with sharp or
abrasive items such as a ballpoint pen or screwdriver. This type
of contact may result in a scratched picture tube.
• Clean the cabinet, panel and controls with a soft cloth lightly
moistened with a mild detergent solution. Do not use any type
of abrasive pad, scouring powder or solvent, such as alcohol or
When you transport this monitor for repair or shipment, use the
original carton and packing materials.
Use of the tilt-swivel
This monitor can be adjusted within the angles shown below. To
turn the monitor vertically or horizontally, hold it at the bottom
with both hands.
The equipment should be installed near an easily accessible
Example of plug types
for 100 to 120 V AC
for 200 to 240 V AC