Troubleshooting, Non serviceable criterias, The unit stops and the timer indicator blinks – Panasonic CS-XE12PKUA Manuel d'utilisation
The following symptoms do not indicate malfunction.
Mist emerges from indoor unit.
• Condensation effect due to cooling process.
Water fl owing sound during operation.
• Refrigerant fl ow inside the unit.
The room has a peculiar odour.
• This may be due to damp smell emitted by the wall,
carpet, furniture or clothing.
Indoor fan stops occasionally during automatic
fan speed setting.
• This helps to remove the surrounding odour.
Airfl ow continues even after operation has
• Extraction of remaining heat from the indoor unit
(maximum 30 seconds).
Operation is delayed a few minutes after
• The delay is a protection to the unit’s compressor.
Outdoor unit emits water/steam.
• Condensation or evaporation occurs on pipes.
TIMER indicator is always on.
• The timer setting repeats daily once set.
POWER indicator blinks during HEAT mode
with no warm air supply (and louver is closed).
• The unit is in defrost mode (and AIR SWING is set to
Indoor fan stops occasionally during heating
• To avoid unintended cooling effect.
POWER indicator blinks before the unit is
• This is a preliminary step in preparation for the
operation when the ON timer has been set.
Cracking sound during operation.
• Changes of temperature caused the expansion/
contraction of the unit.
Check the following before calling for servicing.
Operation in HEAT/COOL mode is not working
• Set the temperature correctly.
• Close all doors and windows.
• Clean or replace the fi lters.
• Clear any obstruction at the air inlet and air outlet vents.
Noisy during operation.
• Check if the unit has been installed at an incline.
• Close the front panel properly.
Remote control does not work.
(Display is dim or transmission signal is weak.)
• Insert the batteries correctly.
• Replace weak batteries.
The unit does not work.
• Check if the circuit breaker is tripped.
• Check if timers have been set.
The unit does not receive the signal from the
• Make sure the receiver is not obstructed.
• Certain fl uorescent lights may interfere with signal
transmitter. Please consult authorized dealer.
NON SERVICEABLE CRITERIAS
SWITCH OFF POWER AT THE CIRCUIT
BREAKER then please consult an
authorized dealer under the following
• Abnormal noise during operation.
• Water/foreign particles have entered the
• Water leaks from Indoor unit.
• Circuit breaker switches off frequently.
• Switches or buttons are not functioning
The unit stops and the TIMER indicator blinks.
Use remote control to retrieve error code.
SET CHECK CLOCK
Press until you
hear beep sound,
then write down
the error code
Turn the unit off
and reveal the
error code to
• For certain errors, you may restart the unit for limited
operation with 4 beeps when operation starts.
Cleaning instructions /