Sony LF-X1 Manuel d'utilisation
Splash proof jacket pochette anti-éclaboussure, Lfa-f1, Attaching the splash proof jacket
© 2004 Sony Corporation
Printed in Japan
Splash Proof Jacket
For the LF-X1 Operating Instructions
Pour le modèle LF-X1 Mode d’emploi
You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly
approved in this manual could void your warranty.
Even when encased in the Splash Proof Jacket, the LocationFree TV monitor is not meant
to be immersed or to come in continuous contact with water.
Cautions on water-resistance
This Splash Proof Jacket is designed to keep the LocationFree TV monitor dry when
watching TV in the bath or around other water sources.
• Do not submerge the Splash Proof Jacket in water while the monitor is inside.
• Do not carry the Splash Proof Jacket with soap or detergent on your hands.
• Seal the velcro tape securely.
• Use the stand as directed.
• Grasp the handle firmly when carrying the monitor in the Splash Proof Jacket. Do not
carry the jacket by the stand.
• Do not use the stand or handle to hang the monitor from a shower rod, etc.
• Do not carry the Splash Proof Jacket upside down while the monitor is inside.
• When removing the monitor from the Splash Proof Jacket after use, do not touch the
monitor until it returns to room temperature.
• Do not remove the monitor from the Splash Proof Jacket with wet hands, as there is a
danger of electrical shock.
• If the Splash Proof Jacket becomes torn or frayed, immediately cease using it.
• Do not modify the Splash Proof Jacket.
• Do not insert the monitor in the Splash Proof Jacket upside down.
• This Splash Proof Jacket is for use with the LF-X1. Do not use it with any other
• Do not poke the Splash Proof Jacket with a pointed object.
• Do not use the AC power adapter when you use the Splash Proof Jacket, as there is a
risk of electric shock.
• Do not place the Splash Proof Jacket over your head. Doing so may cause choking or
If you have any questions, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.
Attaching the Splash Proof Jacket
• Before using the jacket, check it carefully for holes or tears.
• When using the jacket, operate the monitor with your finger.
Unplug all cords from the monitor, and verify that the battery is inserted.
Close the monitor stand and handle.
Open the main flap on the Splash Proof Jacket and slide in the monitor.
Fold the corner flaps around the outer edge of the monitor, and then fold
down the main flap.
Fold the main flap tightly over the rear of the jacket, and seal the velcro
tape from edge to edge.
If you find that sounds are difficult to hear, you can achieve better sound quality by increasing the
treble on the monitor sound settings.
Opening the stand
Make sure to seal tightly the velcro tape on the jacket stand.
Fold flaps around
Using the hand strap
Make sure to grasp the hand strap firmly when carrying the monitor.
The hand strap is designed for carrying the monitor. Do not use it to hang the monitor from a towel
Notes on use
• Do not use the Splash Proof Jacket under the following conditions, as it may cause the
monitor to malfunction.
– at temperatures outside 32 to 95˚F (0 to 35˚C).
– continuously for longer than 1 hour.
• Do not expose to heat of 140˚F (60˚C) or higher. This can cause the jacket to warp or
break or the monitor to malfunction.
• Do not use at hot springs or expose to bathwater mixed with bath salts, as this can
• Attach the Splash Proof Jacket at room temperature. Attaching the jacket at
temperatures of 41˚F (5˚C) or less can cause condensation to form inside the jacket
after it is taken into a bath room. Condensation can cause the monitor to malfunction.
• Do not leave the Splash Proof Jacket in a distorted shape, as this can cause it to warp or
Care and cleaning
• After use, wipe off any remaining moisture with a dry cloth, remove the monitor from
the Splash Proof Jacket, and thoroughly dry the jacket in a location out of direct
sunlight. If water gets inside the jacket, it can cause the monitor to malfunction.
• Do not dry the Splash Proof Jacket using a microwave oven, a heating vent, a hairdryer,
a washing machine, a clothes dryer, or similar devices. This can cause the jacket to
warp or break.
• Do not clean the Splash Proof Jacket surface with detergent, as this can cause
• The window of the Splash Proof Jacket is not perfectly transparent due to the nature of
the material (urethane sheeting). It may appear whitish even though it is not dirty or
Synthetic leather, urethane sheeting, polypropylene
2 in. (380
50 mm) (w
Approx. 12 oz. (350 g)
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
If, after reading these operating instructions, you have additional questions related to
the use of your Sony television, please call our Customer Information Services Center
1-800-222-SONY (7669) (US residents only) or
1-877-899-SONY (7669) (Canadian residents only).